Friday, May 11, 2012

Organization

Wow, organization... something that has been apart of me all my life waiting to come out at the right time... I guess the time is NOW (: no time like the present right (: I'm getting things organized and de cluttered. Moving from a 5 bedroom house to a 2 bedroom house can help down size. Make life simple. This is only a start to simplicity... But a step in the right direction is one step closer to a peaceful house (: ahhhhh I'll soon have a blog from the Japanese Garden and ohhh what an inspiration of peaceful simplicity!!
A lot easier way to store some of our craft stuff. This way we can see what we have Pronto style :)
Here is our Dinner schedule board. It has made it TONS easier to budget as well as prepare meals. This way I don't have to constantly ask my self ok...what are we going to eat tonight. AND EJ can move things around or replace a meal if he wants something different. My faves....are Osian Pick....Mystery Meal...or New recipe days.
How I made them.... I went to the store and got the Paint Sample swatches I think that is what they are called..I printed off sticky labels. I cut the paint swatches and labels to fit each other and slapped them on a roll of sticky magnets. Vwa la!! A little bit of time that saves hours of thinking, preparing, and shopping aimlessly. 
Another way to keep everyone in line with what is going on! Its easy to schedules Osian's Library, Swim, date, park, museum and outing days!! Schedules are wonderful!! They certainly make life easier...Although I am still a Totally Spontaneous person... Helps keep our thoughts together. 
Speaking of organization...I found that we were buying things and forgetting about them in the big freezer. So the other night I took time to reorganize the shelves a bit and wrote down almost everything that was in there....I was surprised by all the meat we had in there. AND the fish we still had!! This way I can look on the freezer instead of opening the door (energy saver points) and picking something for dinner ($ saving points).  
Just a start to Osian's room...
In having fun organizing!

No comments: