What a great start to Easter this year!
Shaylee Joy Fisher was born 4:30 this morning!! April 8, 2012! Thank goodness
we (Ej and I) are easy going Bc our midwife was on 2 Births that night and
mentioned we may have to go to the Tualatin water Birth center... A bit further
than Portland but it's ok. So we planned on that... Then another turn of events
happened and she said the Tualatin birthing Center was full, something that
NEVER happens. So she said if we wanted to we could go down to the West Salem
birthing center or they could bring a tub to our house. So they brought the tub
to our house...
Good thing we did not go any where.
From the time I knew I was pregnant I practiced relaxing and doing visual imagery with our hypnobirthing CD. It worked so well with Osian we decided to do it again. We birthed Osian with in 7 hours of getting to the birthing center. We also did Orgasmic Birthing... What a wonderful experience!! Everything that we hoped for! Yes both are a bit controversial…but they totally worked for us!!
I started having surges (contractions) nothing consistent at around 12 ish so I threw on my headphones and started relaxing to my hypnobirthing affirmations. At 2:42 I updated joy through text…
Good thing we did not go any where.
From the time I knew I was pregnant I practiced relaxing and doing visual imagery with our hypnobirthing CD. It worked so well with Osian we decided to do it again. We birthed Osian with in 7 hours of getting to the birthing center. We also did Orgasmic Birthing... What a wonderful experience!! Everything that we hoped for! Yes both are a bit controversial…but they totally worked for us!!
I started having surges (contractions) nothing consistent at around 12 ish so I threw on my headphones and started relaxing to my hypnobirthing affirmations. At 2:42 I updated joy through text…
Update: For the last hour we have been
having surges lasting 1min with 5 min 10 sec apart....
That's when I was laying down. I got up
and walked around but found that standing beside our bed and leaning over it
was the best position. After the surges went from 5 min apart down to 2 min in
no time. I moved to the bathroom continued to stand and lean over the sink
swaying back and forth still listening to hypnobirthing and had estatic
birthing smiling though all the surges!! Amazing!! I sat on the ball for a few
surges but the time duration decreased.
Thank goodness for apps J
We downloaded an app last week when I thought we were going to have her but it
was just practice. Or something I eat the night before.
At 4:09 I called to EJ telling him my
water broke. He was in the living room moving boxes, making room for the
birthing tub. He texted Joy as she was still on her way with Dawn her
apprentice.
Heather Joys other apprentice came with
5 min to spare before the baby came. I didn't even know she was there. Ej was
ready with a towel to catch baby! It took 3 surges for her to come out. Ej
caught Shaylee and revealed she was a girl. He felt victorious Bc everyone but
him and his brother said it was going to be a boy. I sat down in the bathroom
with Ej holding Shaylee. I put her near by breast to explore and she latched on
instantly and stayed there while we waited to birth the placenta. We moved
to the bed and they sponged me off made sure everything was great with all of
us and let us have family time while we waited 2 hrs to cut Shaylee's cord.
After Ej cut the cord I took a bath shower and they examined me. I had 2 tiny
tears nothing to think about stitches with. Then they weighed and took all of
Shaylee's vitals. They examined the placenta. Found it was a beautiful heart
shaped placenta with a very thick umbilical cord having a lot of jelly in it.
In all of this our wonderful midwives Joy, Heather, and Dawn cleaned up,
did the laundry, made food if we wanted and gave us all the private family time
we needed. Wonderful! They were very mindful of the lighting for baby Shaylee
and making it very intimate for all of us.
The only hurdle we had was my uterus playing games... Becoming firm (good) then soft (not good) then firm and soft... So we decided to take some medication to make sure my uterus would firm up and be safe.
They left a sits bath (herbal mixture) for us so Shaylee and me bathed in it for healing. Very relaxing.
What an amazing Blessing to have a wonderful and beautiful birth!! Thank you Lord for a safe, fast and easy birth!
The only hurdle we had was my uterus playing games... Becoming firm (good) then soft (not good) then firm and soft... So we decided to take some medication to make sure my uterus would firm up and be safe.
They left a sits bath (herbal mixture) for us so Shaylee and me bathed in it for healing. Very relaxing.
What an amazing Blessing to have a wonderful and beautiful birth!! Thank you Lord for a safe, fast and easy birth!
Plan A: Have the baby at Portland
Aundaluz center in the water
Plan B: Go to the Tualatin Center
Plan C: Birth at Salem Birthing Center
Plan D: Birth at home in the Birthing
tub
Plan E: Just Birth the Baby wherever I
am.. the bathroom at home will work :)
Simple right….




1 comment:
Oh Dee Dee...she's sooooo beautiful! Congratulations! Welcome to the world, Shaylee Joy! The world is already a better place because you are here. Love love love! I'm so happy for you!
Love & Joy to you all!
Post a Comment